Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bike Forums

So there's a bazillion out there. You can go with general ones, club ones, bike specific ones, location specific ones. Whatever you choose.

My experience of them is they're good for factual, technical stuff but above and beyond that they're not worth my time and effort.

Why's this? Because the majority of them are chock-a-block full of wankers. Boy racers who talk about how fast they can go, how they're so renegade and practising vigilantes, how they evaded the police, rah rah rah.

They're quick to turn on you, make harsh uncalled for comments and blatantly flout the rules because they know the owners or you'd be a "whinger" to complain. Sure - most people are cool and some are fantastic but there'll always be one. He won't be far away with his vicious snipey comment making you feel very small.

Maybe I'm the problem, maybe I complain too much, maybe I ask stupid questions or maybe whatever. Regardless of whose fault it is, at the end of the day I have to put up with it so I'd just rather not go there.

Quite frankly, I can find my friends elsewhere and I've been burned too many times to open myself up to a bunch of strangers so I'll be attempting to keep my posts on forums straight down the line.

No comments: